Summer Series 2013
Throwers Only Competitions
All events feature Men & Women Shot Put, Discus, Javelin and Hammer Throw
Registration and Start times will be posted May 19
Throw Center Location
June 2 "Post Pre"
Featuring Mens Discus 3:30 pm
Frank Casanas Spain - 67.91m
Jarred Rome USA - 68.76m
Lance Brooks USA - 65.15m
Jared Schurmanns USA - 62.08m
June 9 at Linfield College McMinnville
Click Here for link to Team OregonUSA and more information
June 11 "Championship Prep"
June 14 "Confidence Booster"
June 17 "Nationals Tune Up"
April & May Training
Throwers Academy April & May 2013
Six Sessions in April & May
Only Three sessions Left
We continue to teach the throws with one teacher to only four or five students.
Registration closes 24 hours before training.
Sat. April 27 noon
Sun. May 5 1:30pm
Sun. May 12 No Academy on Mother's Day!!
Sun. May 19 1:30pm
for sessions of 1.5 or 2.5 hours
All sessions will be outdoors at the Throw Center at 9345 Sunderland Rd. NE.
Please, NO DOGS or pets at the Throw Center.
June USATF Sanctioned Competitions
June 18 June Tune Up Throws Meet
Ryan Crouser Discus PR 59.91m
Sam Crouser 77.63m just short of his Throw Center Record
Liz Podominick 60.91m 2nd best throw of her life and 1st place.
Bill Deeter Three Seasonal Best Events - Masters
June 20 Somewhere Near Beaverton
This meet was at the Throw Center, not Beaverton.
But the Throw Center is kind of near Beaverton,
like the Hammer Trials.
But not near Eugene & the Real Track Meet!
Please NO DOGS or pets at the Throw Center!
Click 'Competitions' for details of all meets at the Throw Center
Directions and Map to the Throw Center
for full details of the Summer Camp and my Throwers Academy at Spire
Post Pre Records
June 3, 2012
Darya Pishchalnikova, Russia, 66.38m - 217' 9"
New Throw Center Record for Women's Discus
Monica Kendall W-Masters SP 13.23m 43' 6.5"
Krishna Poonia, India, 62.34m 204' 6"
Click on Competition Results (to the left) for full results
May 4, 2012
Nate Moses School Record 58.70m 192' 7"
Nate is ranked 19th in the US among all (pro&college) discus throwers
tied for #8 among all levels of college throwers in US
Eric Whalen School Record 17.60m 57' 9" Shot Put
Sharayah Kenaday School Record 57.40m 188' 4" Hammer
Gabi Dixon 54.59m 179' 1" Discus
Gabi #12 Collegiate W-DT in US at all levels of college women
Bo Johnson 59.57m 195' 3" Hammer
Throw Center Map
Congratulations Concordia Throwers
Interview with Mac
"He really thinks that???!!"
Additional Comments posted June 14
Interview with Mac Part II
Congratulations Concordia Womens Team
2011 NAIA National Champions
Women Throwers scored 55 of team's 86 points
Two National Champions & Eight All Americans
Kayla Xavier Double National Champion Shot & Discus
PR Shot Put 15.84m 51' 11" School Record
(see her winning throw)
PR Discus 49.95m 164' 5"
Congratulations Concordia Men's Team
5th Place at Nationals
Men Throwers scored 24 of team's 35 points
Three All Americans
School Record Shot Put
Mac Wilkin's Vision
Share positive life lessons with young people through physical activity, while improving the success of US throwers in the Olympics and World Championships by guiding athletes in the pursuit of world class excellence.
To share our passion for throwing and learning we will: Create a world-class training facility and environment for local youth, Concordia University athletes, national class post-graduates and international class throwers.
- Provide on going activity programs based on throwing activities to local disadvantaged youth.
- Raise the success level of US throwers in the international arena. We will develop throwers at all levels of development to their fullest potential.
- Educate enough coaches and athletes and help develop enough hammer cages and fields to have an Oregon State High School Championship in the hammer throw.
Our Beliefs and Values:
- There is intrinsic joy in physical activity.
- Participation in sports provides a rich environment for learning positive life lessons.
- The pursuit of excellence in sports provides tremendous personal growth opportunities.
- If you pursue excellence you must become a learner. Becoming a life long learner is a valuable trait.
- Life long learners are compelled to share and will become servant leaders.
- We have been blessed with unique talents and experiences and feel compelled to help young people along this path.